You’re staying in a hotel and have decided to bring your PS4 with you so you can play games, watch streams, or listen to music through the TV. However, considering the prominence of gaming consoles among Gen Z and Millennial travelers, it’s a technique to connect ps4 to hotel Wi-Fi? You hook everything up, get it working, and then try to connect to the hotel Wi-Fi only to discover that you can’t click because you can’t get to the hotel password screen. Setting up your console in hotel Wi-Fi is a hassle since there are extra steps beyond the hotel sign-in. We’ll guide you on how to connect PS4 connected to hotel WiFi as quickly as possible.
What You Need to Get Started
Every dedicated gamer who travels with a PS4 carries a few essentials for connecting it to the hotel Wi-Fi. Make sure you have an HDMI cable, a controller, and a power cord with you. Most gamers know that they must travel with this equipment, but it’s always a good idea to double-check before getting started. If you don’t have any of these, you should be able to contact the front desk at your hotel via one of the following suggested methods:
- Ordering software for mobile devices
- App for hotels
- Tablets in guest rooms
- Guest messaging software
What Is A Captive Portal?
Captive portals are what the name suggests. They’re the pop-ups that ask you to check in or submit more information before accessing the Wi-Fi at the hotel or elsewhere. Only a few hotels enable you to access their Wi-Fi without first agreeing to the terms and conditions, entering a room number, going through an extra password screen, or paying a fee.
How To Connect Ps4 To Hotel WiFi?
PS4s support captive portals. They’re usually for computers or phones, rather than game consoles. The user interface, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired. Additionally, certain hotels may have difficulty displaying the captive portal effectively on the PlayStation 4. You’re in luck if you want to know how to connect PS4 to hotel WiFi. You’ll need to set up your wireless connection settings to connect your PS4 to the hotel Wi-Fi.
Note: Before continuing, you should be aware that hotel Wi-Fi is controversial; thus, connecting your devices to those unasked network connections ALL THE TIME is not a wise idea!
You may, however, go ahead and do it once!
- Turn on your PS4, go to the Settings menu, and click “X” to pick the “Toolbox” icon.
- Select the ‘Network’ option from the drop-down menu; a list of additional choices will display; pick ‘Set Up Internet Connection’; tap ‘Use Wi-Fi’; and select how you want to set up the Internet Connection.
- There will be two options: ‘Easy’ and ‘Custom.’ Choose the ‘Easy’ option!
- Choose the name of your hotel’s Wi-Fi.
- Select the option that says “Test Internet Connection.”
- If you receive a connection failure message, you need to worry; choose the ‘Details’ option to resolve the issue.
- Select the button for Suggested Actions.
- To open a web browser window, select the View Status of PlayStation Network Services button.
- The Captive Portal screen for your hotel should appear.
- To complete the form, use your controller to scroll through each of the input windows. Some hotels may ask for a password or a combination of your last name, room number, or other check-in information. The procedure may take more than one screen to finish.
- After connecting, hit the back button to return to the Network Screen.
- Check your Internet connection once more. Select the ‘Test Internet Connection’ option, and if everything went properly, a pop-up message would appear on the screen that says, “Connection Test Complete.”
You’ve successfully solved your problem of how to connect PS4 to the hotel’s WiFi! Though the procedure was a little complicated, it was well worth it!
Still Can’t Connect Your PS4 To Hotel WiFi?
You are not alone if you are still having difficulties connecting your PS4 to the hotel Wi-Fi. The PS4 supports captive portals; however, they don’t continuously operate. Consider the following workarounds.
You can use your phone’s hotspot instead of the hotel Wi-Fi if your data plan permits it. A select few models can even use the hotel’s Wi-Fi, but this is becoming increasingly unusual. You’ll have to use data unless your phone can connect to the hotel’s Wi-Fi network. While many individuals have unlimited plans, the hotspot data usually slows down after a specific amount of use. Many other plans charge per GB or don’t even enable hotspots.
Using a portable gaming router is the best solution. Your devices will join a new Wi-Fi network created by a travel gaming router, but you still need to use the hotel’s internet connection. So it can only be accomplished by either connecting to the hotel’s wired internet connection or connecting to its Wi-Fi network. It is by far the easiest and effective option. It eliminates the need to connect to the hotel’s Wi-Fi using the PS4. You won’t have to update the Wi-Fi settings on your PS4 for each hotel you visit.
The disadvantage is that it is an extra gadget that you must purchase and carry with you. However, for regular travel, this is a minor inconvenience compared to the convenience.
Make the most of your hotel stay! Allow yourself to get entertainment during the leisure time of your trips. Because it allows you to play some games, the PS4 system can keep you occupied. Keep in mind that depending on the hotel’s Wi-Fi, you might not have the best internet experience. These Wi-Fi signals are often weak and sluggish, but they should be adequate for watching specific streaming and performing most of the other things you love on your PlayStation 4.
More on Guideover.com: What is WhatsApp? We have full article here for your observation.