Facebook is a well-known social networking site. It has a global user base of billions. By joining Facebook, you may share your memories with friends and family from all around the globe through your profile. Having a Facebook account is like having your email address; it is simply an anticipated aspect of being online. You can log in to several services with a single Facebook account. Many users typically have query How To Change Facebook Name?
If you’re unhappy with your existing Facebook name or want to improve it, you may alter it. A user on Facebook has the option of displaying their name in a variety of ways. As a result, you may use a nickname or even an abbreviated name as long as you follow Facebook’s name policy.
Rules and Regulations What to know about changing your name on Facebook
You can change your name on Facebook in less than a minute, but there are certain restrictions to be aware of while doing so. What are the limitations imposed by Facebook when it comes to changing your name on the platform?
- Any odd capitalization, punctuation, letters, or random words are prohibited; this also includes that you can’t mix and match characters from other languages
- You are not permitted to include your title with your name.
- Don’t substitute words or phrases for a name, especially ones that are unpleasant or provocative.
- You may only change your name on Facebook once every 60 days.
- In real life, Facebook recommends that you use the name your friends call you. According to the requirements, the character must be on an ID or document specified in Facebook’s Help Centre post. Because the list is so broad, some papers might include a nickname you use instead of your full name on your official ID.
- When it comes to nicknames, Facebook explicitly states that if they’re a variant of your proper name, they can get used as a first or middle name.
- Suppose you pick a name that needs confirmation. In that case, Facebook warns that you may lose access to some functions momentarily while the change got made. You’ll also need to show a form of identification or mail with your name on it. A passport, birth certificate, or tax identity card are examples of government-issued titles. Other non-government IDs, bank statements, health insurance cards, and credit cards are accepted by Facebook as long as they reflect your official names.
Note: Please keep in mind that Facebook accounts are just for people. Create a Facebook page for your business, group, or concept.
How to change Facebook name?
There are many reasons to change your account’s name. It’s up to you why you want to change your Facebook name, but here are some instructions on how to do it.
Changing Facebook Profile Name In The Web Browser
Here are steps to change the Facebook name in a web browser:
- Open Facebook in your browser, then select “Privacy & Settings” from the upper right corner of the page. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- To change your Facebook name, go to the General section and select Edit.
- Make the required adjustments and then click “Review Changes.” Select how you want the name to appear and then click “Save changes.”
Using the Facebook App to Change the Name of Your Facebook Profile
Here’s How To Change Facebook Name via the smartphone app.
- Select “Settings” from the settings & privacy list by tapping on the hamburger symbol in the upper right corner.
- In the account settings, go to “Personal Information ” and select “Name.”
- Change your Facebook name and then click “Review Change”.
You now have a new name on Facebook, while your account is otherwise unchanged.
Note: By following the instructions above, you are altering your display name rather than your username. Although many people might have the same name, billions of Facebook users have a unique username. You may change it by going through the steps above and selecting Edit next to the username.
Changing Your Facebook Name Isn’t The Only Option
If you want people to recognize you on Facebook by your nickname or another name, follow the instructions below:
- In the lower right corner of the Facebook app, tap the three lines icon. Under Settings & Privacy, choose Personal Information from the drop-down box, then tap ‘name.’
- Choose from Nicknames, Maiden Names, Alternative Spellings, Married Names, Father’s Names, Birth Names, Former Names, and Names with Titles, among other options, type this name.
- Choose if you want this name to get shown at the top of your Facebook profile. Finally, save your work by using the Save button.
Note: Nicknames are always made public and visible to everyone.
Use The Direct Support Form To Submit A Request To Alter The Name Of A Page.
If the methods mentioned above for How To Change Facebook Name? Don’t work for you? This strategy will undoubtedly assist you. Facebook’s name-changing policy is highly selective and stringent, and it comes with a lot of restrictions.
Users frequently fail to fulfil such stringent standards, not allowing them to alter their Facebook names. To assist users with this issue, You can open the Request Form.
With new features and a unique design, Focusing on games, product sales, and more, Facebook is no longer merely a social network. Facebook got created to be more open and social than other communication platforms. Your account will not be affected if you alter your name as long as it conforms with Facebook’s standards. Your pals will be able to contact you in the same manner as before. I hope you found the above methods helpful; you can also visit the Facebook website for more help.